On the other side of the Heleus Cluster there are four remaining machines called Architects that you will encounter in your quest to make the Andromeda galaxy habitable. They’re huge, mysterious (they don’t even appear in your codex), and generally insignificant. But even at low levels with weak weapons, you can take on them. Encounters are usually near an outpost station or a location well stocked with ammo and health crates, and there’s always plenty of cover. You will fire a lot of bullets but if you are patient and careful you can destroy these machines.
There are four architect missions Mass Effect: Andromeda — “Impress” on Eos, “Missing Science Crew” on Voeld, “Old Skinner” on Kadara and “Architect on Elaaden” on Elaaden. The quests are usually just some waypoints that you need to hit before finding the Architect and starting the fight.
No battle against an Architect is easy, but there are a few things you can do to survive.
- keep moving. An Architect’s weapons are deadly, but the attacks are telegraphed and avoidable. Keep it up and you’ll be fine. This is the most important part of fighting an Architect, especially at lower levels.
- Avoid using biotics. They’re generally not useful against builds and won’t be great here.
- Use your special ammo. Just keep activating incendiary or disruptor rounds during combat; You want this bonus damage active at all times.
- stay covered. Architects have devastating weapons that you will spend a lot of time dodging. You will want as much coverage as possible.
- Don’t attack from below. The Architects create a field under his legs that hurts a lot. Just stay off the ground, which is easy since you want to be covered anyway.
- keep moving. That was our first piece of advice, and it’s important enough to repeat here. You won’t survive many direct hits from an Architect, regardless of your level, but you can dodge almost any attack just by punishing (with the occasional dodge).
- don’t be a hero. Yes, like I said, you can avoid a lot of damage just by punishing, but don’t be stupid. It’s a huge robot with lots of lasers – you’ll never survive a head-on attack. Shoot for cover, attack, dodge, and hide. Be smart.
- Be patient. You will shoot an incredible number of bullets during one of these fights. Architects will soak up a lot of damage and these battles will last a long time. Don’t rush it.
The stages of a fight
Every encounter with an Architect follows the same formula: shoot the legs, shoot the head, destroy the rest, shoot some more. It really is.
The reality is much more intense. The Architects are well armed and need a lot of bullets to bring them down. But the structured and predictable phases of the fights make it quite doable.
- pull legs. The first stage is to photograph the light pink canals of the legs. (This phase is easy to spot as someone on your team is likely to yell at you for shooting legs.) Just unload on the bright pink targets. This part is timed: you have about 30 seconds to deal enough damage to a leg to reveal its head before the Architect spawns other remaining bots to make your life miserable.
- delete the rest. When the Architect spawns the remaining robots, turn your attention to them. Stay out of the Architect’s line of sight and destroy the bots. Use your team to help you by ordering them to attack with the d-pad.
- back to the legs. If you haven’t opened the head yet, after taking out the remaining robots, you’ll need to shoot the leg openings again. You’re back on the clock, so keep shooting.
- shoot head. Once you’ve dealt enough damage to the Architect’s legs, his head will pop open, revealing a new spherical conduit of energy inside. Once again, your job is to shoot the bright pink bit.
- Watch out for ammo boxes. These fights take place near an outpost or where there are ammo boxes. It will be too hectic to hit them during the firefight, but there are some breaks in the action e.g. B. when the remaining weaker bots appear or when the architect moves to a new location. Use these breaks to recharge and heal.
- switch. If you destroy one of the legs, the Architect will move. You won’t get very far, but you will need to find new covers and ammo boxes. Stop, search as much as you can, reload, hit an ammo box to resupply, then watch where the architect lands. If this is the case, find a new hiding place and continue your attack.
- interface. When the fight is over and the Architect collapses, run to the head to interact with it. It sends it into orbit where it just sits around. You’ll see it the next time you orbit the planet. That leaves a nice box of goodies, though.
Source : polygon.com