the tools in Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Switch, they are an integral part of your experience. Each of these tools comes in different quality levels, which means that the better they get, the more durable they become. Finally, while fragile tools can be frustrating in-game, you can create tools that last longer: golden tools.
Gold tools can still break, but they are the highest quality tools you can craft. While other crafting tool recipes are unlocked over time, golden crafting tools have specific requirements that you must meet before you can receive their crafting recipes as rewards. This guide tells you everything you need to know about gold tools.
How to get golden tools
Each golden tool has a unique requirement, but beware: these tasks will take time. Don’t expect to get them in your first week of play. Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Although we have examined these methods using sources that created these items, we have not been able to create them all in our games. We’ll update the requirements for each item below once we confirm their methods.
- golden axe: Break 100 axes, the easiest ones are weak axes.
- golden slingshot: Shoot down 300 balloons. After completing this step, look up at the sky to find a golden balloon. Take that down and the DIY recipe will be inside.
- golden fishing rod: Catch all fish in Critterpedia. The full list of the 80 fish can be found here. Apparently, donations from the museum are not necessary for this. The recipe will be sent to you the day after the last fish is caught.
- golden watering can: Achieve a 5-star city rating. Isabelle gives you the DIY recipe after giving you this note.
- golden steak: Currently unconfirmed, but in all previous games the requirement was to find all bugs. In view of the demand for the golden fishing rod, this seems very likely. We are working on confirmation.
- golden shovel: Currently unconfirmed. Sources report that this will require rescuing Gulliver 30 times on the beach, but we have yet to see any official confirmation or video evidence of this. We are working on confirmation.
After completing each requirement, you will receive the DIY recipe for the golden version of the tool. To craft a golden tool, all you need is the standard version of the tool you have the recipe card for and a gold nuggetwhich can appear randomly when you hit rocks, just like you would when farming Iron Nuggets.
It will take the average player weeks or even months to get each of these recipe cards. Gold nuggets are also rare in recipes, so keep that in mind. Finally, remember that gold tools can still break. While being able to craft them is its own reward, golden tools are not indestructible late-game gadgets.
Correction: A previous version of this guide made the requirements for obtaining golden tools clearer than we ultimately felt capable of. We have edited the guide to clearly state the gold tool requirements that we have confirmed. For those that we have not confirmed, we have added information based on our best research. We’re working to confirm everything and will update this guide accordingly.
Vox Media has partner organizations. These do not affect editorial content, although Vox Media may earn commissions on products purchased through affiliate links. For more information see our ethical politics.
Source : polygon.com