The latest expansion pack for FFXIV (aka Final Fantasy XIV) is called FFXIV Endwalker and was released on December 7th, 2021. This package was severely affected by Error 3001. The problem has been seen on systems (like Windows, Mac, etc.) as well as the console versions (PS4, PS5 etc.) of the game. Some users encountered the problem after a game update, while other users reported that the error (with a black screen downloading data) appeared when zoning a game character. Usually the following message type is displayed:
Server or Square Enix issues aside, the following can be considered as the main factors that can cause Error 3001 for FFXIV Endwalker:
- Overwhelmed data centersNote: If the data center you are trying to join in FFXIV Endwalker is overloaded, it can generate error code 3001 because the server refuses to accept the request from the client.
- ISP RestrictionsNote: If the ISP is interfering with FFXIV communicating with their servers, this can cause the 3001 error.
- Corrupt router firmwareNote: If the router is not properly parsing game-related traffic due to corrupted firmware, this could be the root cause of error 3001
Perform a cold reboot of the router and system/console
A temporary communication problem between your console/system and the game servers can cause Error 3001 in FFXIV Endwalker. In such a case, a router cold reboot can eliminate the 3001 error as it will reset many internal components to default values and may obtain a new IP address from the ISP (if no static public IP address is assigned). . .
- to delete that system (or console) and disconnect yours power cord from the power source.
- now to delete that routers (or other network devices such as a repeater) and disconnect your power cord from the power source. Also make sure Disconnect network cable of the router.
- later Expect 5 minutes and then reconnect the router power cord to your power source.
- now reconnect that network cable (one from the modem and the other to the system/console) to the router and to turn on that routers.
- Once the router is powered on properly, plug the back in power cord out of system (or console) to your PSU and to turn on that system/Console.
- After successfully powering on, launch FFXIV Endwalker and check if error 3001 does not appear.
If the reset didn’t work, make sure required port are for the game correctly transmitted in the router settings and then check if the problem is solved.
Try another FFXIV data center
FFXIV Endwalker may show error 3001 if the data center of the game you are trying to connect to is overloaded and the server is actively refusing new connections. Here’s how to fix FFXIV error 3001 by trying another data center.
- open that FFXIV Launcher and click cheek.
- Opened data center and select another data center.
- Then click Continue and check if the error 3001 FFXIV Endwalker is cleared.
- If not, you can try other data centers one by one to find out which one works for you.
Try a different network or use a VPN
Error 3001 can occur in FFXIV Endwalker if your ISP is throttling your network traffic to the FFXIV servers. In this case, error 3001 can be fixed by trying a different network or by using a VPN.
- Separate the system or console from the current network (wired or wireless) and shortcut that has another network (like your cell phone hotspot). You can also try a free VPN client.
- Now launch FFXIV and check if it is working properly. If this is the case, your router or ISP is probably causing the problem.
Delete or rename character folders in the FFXIV installation directory
If the character cache folders in the FFXIV installation directory are corrupted, this can lead to error 3001 in FFXIV Endwalker, and deleting (or renaming, if you want to be safe) the character cache folders in the game installation directory can solve the problem. Don’t worry, these folders will be recreated the next time you launch the game, but you may lose some character customizations.
- Conclude that FFXIV game and leave your rocket launcher.
- later Windows right click and open it task manager.
- now break up that Homework in relation to FFXIV and his pitcher.
- now Windows right click and select Class.
- later surfing in the FFXIV installation directory usually:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquarEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV\User
- However Clear that Binder in this directory or if you want to be on the safe side, Rename these folders (as .old extension, for example c289dc.old).
- Then launch FFXIV and check if it is free of Error 3001.
Factory reset the router
FFXIV Endwalker may display Error 3001 if the router firmware is corrupted and does not allow the game to access a resource that is critical to the game’s operation. Here, resetting the router to factory settings can fix the FFXIV 3001 error. Before attempting this, be sure to write down the router settings, which are required to configure the router after the factory reset. The exact instructions for resetting your router may vary, but the general guidelines are as follows:
- First, Locate that Start anew button on your router. It can be below or behind.
- Once the reset button has been found, Hurry Y care for that Start anew For 30 seconds (you can use a pointed object like a paper clip).
- now release the reset button and Expect until the router is powered on properly.
- later reconfigure the router as instructed by the ISP and then hopefully the FFXIV game will work fine.
If not, check if shortcut system or console direct to the The Internet to the oppression that routers Solve the problem If this is the case, the problem is caused by the incompatibility of the router with the game and you can get a new router or modem from your ISP. If the problem reoccurs with the new router, check if changing the router’s MAC address (some models have this feature) and requesting a new IP address solves the problem.
If the problem persists, you can do this Expect (Close the game and all related processes). at least 24 hours (because the server cache resets after 24 hours) then try if the error is resolved. If the problem persists, you can do this Contact Square Enix to trace the path to verify where the problem occurs.