Multiple users get the “com.apple.mobilephone Error 1035‘ in their visual voicemail every time they try to update or set up their visual voicemail greetings. With Visual Voicemail you can view the received voicemail message. Your voicemail greeting is the message callers hear before they can leave you a message. However, this error prevents users from setting up their greetings. The full error message is “The operation could not be completed (com.apple.mobilephone error 1035)“.
What causes the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 issue?
We’ve managed to uncover some of the most common causes that trigger this particular issue. To do this, we looked at various user reports and the repair strategies they used to fix the problem. Here is a list of common scenarios that can trigger this particular error message:
- The network configuration is incorrect – In some cases, this problem occurs due to your phone’s network settings that do not allow your voicemail to function properly. Several users in a similar situation reported that they were able to fix the problem by resetting the network settings.
- Using Wi-Fi over mobile data – It turns out that this problem can also occur when the device you are trying to use voicemail on; You are using a Wi-Fi connection. If this scenario applies, you can fix the problem by turning off WiFi and using cellular data.
- Voicemail is not configured – Another possible case where this error occurs is when you have not set up your voicemail through the operator method. This also applies to those who cannot set up voicemail through the phone settings.
- Cellular service is down – Sometimes the connection with your mobile operator can be lost due to various reasons. Most users have been able to fix this problem by disconnecting their phone from all available cellular services via airplane mode.
This article will help you with different methods to solve the “com.apple.mobilephone Error 1035“. We will go from the most common and simple method to the most detailed.
Method 1 – Enable Airplane Mode
Most of the time, this error is caused by your phone being connected to a cellular network or WiFi connection. The easiest way to fix this problem is to turn on Airplane mode SECURE. On your phone’s home screen, you can toggle and touch the notification bar airplane mode Possibility. once he is SECURE All connections to your phone will be disabled. you can wait 30 seconds then return WITH SPECIAL NEEDS with the same method. This option may vary depending on the device you are using. Some devices require you to go to Settings or use the phone’s power button to access Airplane mode. After using this method, you can now try to update or set up the voicemail greeting on your phone.
Method 2: Switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data
Your WiFi network may be the reason you’re not able to set up your voicemail greetings. Many users fixed their problem by switching their network from WiFi to mobile data. Your provider provides cellular data and this may be a better option for your voicemail setup.
- First round WITH SPECIAL NEEDS that wireless on your phone if activated.
- go to your phone settings and open mobile phone, mobile phone possibility.
- Now press the stand out to the cellular data Possibility.
- Try using your voicemail and see if the problem persists.
Method 3: Set up your visual voicemail
If you can’t set up your voicemail through your phone’s settings, you can try setting it up through your carrier. Voicemail is tied to your carrier and is best done that way. This may not work for all carrier types. You can easily apply this method by following the steps below:
- first you have to turn WITH SPECIAL NEEDS his wireless when it is activated.
- tap the phone icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Hurry Y wait 1 on your keyboard to access your voicemail settings.
- Enter your stream Voicemail Password Y furnishings your voice mail.
- Hang the setup and Start anew your phone.
- Go to your voicemail and see if you still get an error.
Method 4: Reset network settings
Your network may be causing the app problem. Sometimes the network can block the use of the app for your phone. Several users fixed this problem by resetting their network settings. Resetting network settings will update all information about the network you are using on your phone. You can reset network settings by following the steps below:
- go to your phone settings and open General Possibility.
- Scroll down and tap Start anew Possibility.
- Now press the Reset network settings option and enter the PIN code to confirm.
- Your phone Start anew and then you can try to update or set up your voicemail greetings.