You are seeing: How to Convert MP4 to MP3 Using Windows Media Player. This post was compiled by en.intelnuc.
MP4 files are used to store and view videos while MP3 files are used to store and view audio. The MP4 and MP3 file formats share the same ancestry: they both stem from the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) file compression format. Besides, MP4 file format and MP3 file format are quite similar when it comes to their properties, the only major difference between the two is that MP4 format is for video and MP3 format is for audio.
Converting between the two formats is very easy. MP4 file format contains video and audio while MP3 file format contains only audio. However, an MP4 file can be easily converted to an MP3 file by removing its video content. However, converting an MP3 file to an MP4 file is not that easy, since it is usually not possible to add a video to an audio file and convert it to an MP4 file. There are many different applications and programs developed for the Windows operating system that can convert MP4 files to MP3 files. In fact, even Microsoft’s native media player for the Windows operating system, Windows Media Player, can convert MP4 files to MP3 files.
Some common problems and their solutions:
Here are some common problems and some of their solutions:
Windows Media Player does not show the menu bar:
- Click on fix then select Determination.
- After that, check the box “Show menu bar‘ (If you can’t access the menu bar, press CTRL+M).
Save as greyed out:
- Navigate to the file location in File Explorer, right click on the file and select “Rename“.
- Replace “.mp4” with “.mp3”. (Click Show above and turn on Filename Extensions to show extensions when renaming.)
If you have a version of Windows Media Player on your Windows computer and want to use it to convert an MP4 file to an MP3 file, follow these steps:
- Throw it away Windows Media Player.
- Click on Binder > Open minded…. inside Open minded In the dialog box that appears, navigate to the location on your computer where the MP4 file that you want to convert to MP3 is located, locate the MP4 file and click to select it, then click on Open minded for it to open Windows Media Player.
- Once the target MP4 file is open Windows Media Playerclick on Binder > Save as…. inside Save as Click on the dialog box that appears Filenames: move the cursor to the end of the filename (the extension) and change the 4 in the file extension to a 3Changing the extension of .mp4 to the .mp3.
- Navigate to the directory on your computer where you want to save the converted MP3 file, then click Save on computer. Once you do this, Windows Media Player will start converting the MP4 file to an MP3 file and once the file is converted, it will be saved to the specified location on your computer. This process usually does not take long and is quite quick.
Once you have followed all of the steps listed and described above, an exact copy of the MP4 file (without the video portion of the file, of course) that you selected for conversion to an MP3 file will be saved to your computer directory. process as an MP3 file.
Show more posts in this category: Computers & Electronics