If you’re an anime lover, Crunchyroll is probably one of those places you go to regularly to get your dose. The platform is free with ads, but if you’re an anime fan, you probably have a premium membership that gives you access to the additional library and removes intrusive ads.
If you are a new Crunchyroll user trying to install Crunchyroll on a new streaming device, you may get confused by the activation page and wonder how to bypass this screen and use the dedicated app.
The app is available on multiple platforms including iOS, Android, PlayStation (3, 4, and 5), Wii U, Xbox (360, One, Series), Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
It’s great to see that anime lovers can watch their favorite shows regardless of their device, but the instructions on how to activate Crunchyroll differ depending on the platform you choose.
If you’re having trouble getting past the initial activation page, follow one of the guides below (depending on which one is appropriate for your preferred platform) to activate Crunchyroll www.crunchyroll/enable.
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to enable CrunchyRoll for the following devices:
- Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5
- Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X
- Wii U
- cast chrome
- apple tv
- Fire TV
Enable CrunchyRoll on Roku
- First, open the Roku home screen by pressing with your remote control Start button.
- Next, use the search option that is part of the menu and then type crispy roll using the virtual keyboard.
- In the list of results, select and click on the Chruncyroll app from the list of available suggestions Add a channel.
- Then select go to the canal once the installation is complete.
- After successfully launching Crunchyroll from the channel list, select access and write down the activation code that appears on the screen.
- In your mobile device browser (Android or iOS), macOS or Windows browser, navigate to Crunchyroll.com Activation Page.
- Proceed to the activation page and log into your account from the menu on the right if you have not already done so.
- If you have successfully logged in, enter the code you obtained earlier in step 5 and click Union device.
- Once you’ve done that, you should see your Roku screen change as you log in automatically. After that you can access the media library.
Activate CrunchyRoll on Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5
- If you are trying to watch Crunchyroll shows on your Playstation console, you must first download the CrunchyRoll app. Depending on your console’s iteration, it will be a bit different, but the principle is the same: you have to do it Go to the Playstation Store and download the Crunchyroll app.
- Once the app has been downloaded successfully, open it and use the vertical menu on the left to access the app Premium Trial Menu.
- Then select the in the context menu that has just appeared access Button.
- Then use your web or mobile browser to visit them www.crunchyroll.com/activate and sign in with your Crunchyroll Premium Account if you haven’t already.
- On the next screen, enter the code currently displayed on your Playstation screen and click or tap Pair device.
- After a few seconds, your PlayStation screen should change as you auto-login to your Crunchyroll Premium account.
Activate CrunchyRoll on Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X
- First, go to the Microsoft Store and download the CrunchyRoll app on your Xbox console. The instructions are pretty much the same for all Xbox consoles (360, One, and Series S or X).
- Once the app is installed, open it and go to the action menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, in the context menu that just appeared, use your controller’s left analog stick to select and access it access Language.
- Open any browser type (mobile or desktop) from an extra partition you have around the house and navigate to Crunchyroll.com Activation Page.
- On the login page, take the time to enter your user information and log in with your Crunchyroll account.
- Then go back to your Xbox screen, get the code currently displayed in the Crunchyroll app, and paste it into the activation page you used to sign in earlier from the auxiliary device.
- Once you have entered the correct code, click binding device and wait for the process to complete.
- After a few seconds, the Xbox screen should change when you sign in.
- At this point, you should already be able to stream Crunchyroll content without seeing intrusive ads.
How to enable Crunchyroll on Android
- First, use your Android device’s home screen to access the Play Store.
- Once inside, use the search function above to search ‘crispy roll’.
- From the list of results, tap Crunchyroll and then tap To install to download the app to your smartphone.
- Once the app is fully downloaded, open it and tap access when you get to the first screen.
- Finally, enter your email address or username and password and press access to complete the process.
- After a few seconds you should be successfully logged in and be able to freely browse the Crunchyroll library.
How to enable Crunchyroll on iOS
- First, go to the home screen of your iOS device and tap the app store.
- Once in the App Store, use the search box at the top to search for the Crunchyroll app.
- Once you managed to find the right playlist in the Crunchyroll playlists app, It’s download time and wait for the app to download and install.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, open it and accept the permissions first.
- Finally click on accessThen follow the prompts to sign in with your Crunchyroll Premium account.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Wii U
- First, go to the Nintendo eShop and download the free Crunchyroll app.
- Once the application is downloaded, open it and use the vertical menu on the left to access it access Filter.
- Once you are on the login screen, accept the code shown on your screen.
- Then open a mobile or desktop browser, visit the Crunchyroll.com Activation Page Sign in to your account and enter the code you obtained earlier in step 3.
- Finally click on binding device and wait for the screen to change on your Wii U. Once that’s done, you can use Crunchyroll normally on your Nintendo console.
How to enable Crunchyroll on Chromecast
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your Android or iPhone device. If you don’t already have it, download it from app store or then Load game.
- Make sure your mobile device and Chromecast are connected to the same home network.
- Open Crunchyroll and look for the Emit button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- When you see it, tap it once, then select yours cast chrome Device from the list of available options.
- Go ahead and cast everything through your Chromecast device. Since the content will be streamed from your mobile phone, you don’t need to activate it as usual, but you still need to make sure you’re logged into your Crunchyroll account from your mobile device.
How to enable Crunchyroll on AppleTV
- Turn on your Apple TV and make sure you’re currently signed in with your Apple account; otherwise it doesn’t work.
- Use your Apple TV remote to go to the home screen, then tap the App Store icon from the list of available options.
- once inside app store use the search function above to search ‘crispy roll’ and wait for the results to be generated.
- Once the results are generated, navigate to the Crunchyroll entry and press Have to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Sign In, then enter your Crunchyroll credentials and wait for a successful sign-in.
How to enable Crunchyroll on FireTV
- Open your FireTV device and navigate to Google play store App from the start menu.
- Then use the search function to find crispy roll and select from the highlighted options.
- Navigate to in the list of results CrunchyRoll app (under Apps and Games).
- From the dedicated CrunchyRoll list, tap Have and wait for the download to complete.
- When the download is complete, touch Open minded to start Crunchyroll.
- Once the app is fully loaded, select access from the list of available options, then enter your credentials as shown.